• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transition yellow box doesn't appear

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added new transitions they work I can see the effect but when I drag and place them on the clip the yellow box doesn't show up this is really annoying because I can't slide them around or control the speed I only see the effect reflected help!!!???? I want to be able to move the yellow box to the end or start can't do it if I can't see it. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

I think maybe you are confusing things. There are no NEW video transitions that you can add that I know of.

So not sure what you are trying to do, or what you are trying to add. I have never heard of being able to import transitions. You can import MOGRTs - Motion Graphics Templates --- which are preset animations that can be edited and changed?

For transitions as far as I know, you have to use the transitions in the Effects panel. You might have imported Presets, which are similar to MOGRTS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Many people call them transitions but in fact they are not: They are a bunch of effects thrown together made into an effects preset to make it look like a transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like you selected an effect, not a transition. The effects show up in the Effects Controls Window.

then you can add keyframes to adjust it.

Hope that helps.

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. So wait am I saving the transitions wrong because I don't know how to place them for the yellow box to appear ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the box here that is showing my Cross Dissolve"?

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 4.35.12 PM.png

Yes, you have to open the Effects panel, and open the folder "Video Transitions" and those can be dragged on the clip and will show the box so you can control the timing better. You can also press Command + D to add the default Cross Dissolve Transition!

Hope that helps.

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks although newly added video transitions I copy and pasted them on "presets" but I guess they show up as effects, where should I copy and paste the new transitions to? Or where should I save them for that yellow box to appear or for me to be able to slide the transition wherever I want? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe you are confusing things. There are no NEW video transitions that you can add that I know of.

So not sure what you are trying to do, or what you are trying to add. I have never heard of being able to import transitions. You can import MOGRTs - Motion Graphics Templates --- which are preset animations that can be edited and changed?

For transitions as far as I know, you have to use the transitions in the Effects panel. You might have imported Presets, which are similar to MOGRTS.  A preset is a preset of keyframes to create an animation. 
For instance, there is a "twist in" preset. And I can drag that preset on the top of a rectangle... and then if I play the timeline, my rectangle will now have a twirl animation. If I want to speed it up, or slow it down, I have to open up  the Effect Controls Panel and alter the keyframes and/or settings. Presets will not have the slider like transitions have. With transitions I am only controlling the lenght of it, with Effect Controls I can control a LOT more! And with Presets... this will be the way

Hope this makes more sense, and hope it helps.

cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for explaining I found the solution on YouTube and tried it out it works differently but I guess it's cause it's like you said a motion graphic template I was probably confusing it because people put "transitions" as the title on their videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people call them transitions but in fact they are not: They are a bunch of effects thrown together made into an effects preset to make it look like a transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it all makes sense now 😅 I was so lost haha but I got the hang of it now ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Glad you understand it all now!

cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its just a preset animation... hence "preset".  Its an effecft as opposed to a transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it thanks for your help ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines