Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trim media limit reached 9:24 always

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I have problem with adobe premiere pro cc 18 ,

Fo example - I have file (mov) imported to my MacBookPro that's 1:55 seconds long.

Every time I drag and drop it to premiere pro it's compressing till 10 seconds. The sound from wideo is compressed till 10 seconds and You

can see only first 10 seconds of the video. There is always a statement that trim media limit reached 9:24 . I can't edit the video totally ...

please help

Mateusz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Same issue on my computer.

Your timecode track is corrupt somehow - it is also inactive. Where did you get these clips?

To fix:

Open clip in Quicktime and switch on the timecode track in 'Properties'.

Then go to File>Save as...

Save as a New self contained clip.

Import to premiere and the full 25secs are there again. You are welcome.

tctrack.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What codec is the mov? H.264?

Frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's DVC-P (DV Video) , 25/s . I don't know why I can't open file in VCL , it works in Quicktime, in previewing on MAC, in iMovie but I have problem in Premiere pro .. I don't think it'c codec problem because it won't work with any program.

Do You have any idea ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring it into Media encoder. How long does it say the clip is and can you transcode it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many files like this, it doesn't matter how long is the file: for example I have video that is 00:26 seconds or video that is 5:23 seconds, If You drag and drop any of them You will see only 10 first seconds of the video 09:24 ), compressed sound below and information that trim media limit reached 9:24.. always like this Encoder gave me same result, he compressed sound ang give me back 09:24 seconds video... it doesn't work. . Only solution I get so far Is editing video in iMovie, export and than I can edit it in premier, but that sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to encode every video that I have , I want that files I already have work in Premier Pro, They work in other programs as Quicktime, iMovie but I have this stupid problem that Premier CC makes from every video 09:24 seconds clip... software has big problem...In previous Premier Pro I didn't have such problems..        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a clip you are happy to share then I can test it on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem, just send me Your email I can send it through wetransfer. In my opinion it's not problem of my computer or hardware, I think its some kind of Adobe disfunction for DV videos. I don't know .. I will be happy to share video with You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my computer.

Your timecode track is corrupt somehow - it is also inactive. Where did you get these clips?

To fix:

Open clip in Quicktime and switch on the timecode track in 'Properties'.

Then go to File>Save as...

Save as a New self contained clip.

Import to premiere and the full 25secs are there again. You are welcome.

tctrack.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! Clip is captured by mini dv camera and copied to Mac using firewire cable and few adapter, . Transmitted on Imovie. Maybe I should use transmission straight to premier pro ? anyway , thanks a lot    for taking Your time to get solution . Bad info is that that I can't use straight this files but I have to modify them. I have to work with this ! thank You !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try capturing straight into Premiere next time - should solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, I did that using Quick time 7 pro, there is no other way, but timecode track is switch "on" so I didn't have to do this. Basically is saving the file as new one it solves the problem with the length of clip but there is still compressed sound... so it doesn't solve the problem at all, but thanks for help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines