Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim media limit reached on audio 2

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys!
I try to drag the audio to the beginning, but then I get this 'Trim media limit reached on audio 2', I have already tried it with the ripple edit tool but that didn't work either, how do I fix this?

NOTE: Can this be explained in small steps since I recently got premiere pro.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means there is audio on track 2 that is preventing you to trim your clip in V1/A1.

Post screenshot of timeline.

This is basic editing skills.

Might want to get yourself a subcription at Linkedin/Learning as Premiere has a steep learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, thank you for your reply.

I really appreciate it that you can help me with this problem

So, what I need to do now?

Nern0_0-1594894635304.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are trying to do but lock A2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a fortnite montage, and when I kill someone I want it to match it with the beat and that's why I try to drag it, and locking is not working.

As you can see there is a box completely empty, I also want the audio to get there and when I drag it it no longer matches the beat.

May I ask? Do you have Discord so we can communicate better to solve this problem.

https://gyazo.com/323d725b42a74ed9464ca667e901e1bd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot extend the audio to the left as there is no more audio to work with. See the white trangle in the left corner.

You can move the audio to the left, or trim one of the first 3 clips to make it fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's the problem if I move it to left it does not match anymore with the beat, and that's annoying for me. I know now it's not working, but is there no other option to fix it, because I really want it to match it with the beat.

I see that you did edited your message how I can trim it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nolicier0101_0-1618009476666.png

click on this thing on both the audio and video track so it looks like this, then it should be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, and I know about premiere. For me this is more like a random error.. as the clips lasts 2 hours and 9 mins but when dragged to premiere it says that it is only 2 hours and 8 mins.. the last min is gone from the clip, before dragging it to the time line.. but when I get to the actual end of video and one bit is missing when I try to drag I get same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake or Shutter Encoder before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, i'm editing a movie reaction and for some odd reason the movie footage is cut off past the 5 minute mark due to "trim media limit reached on audio 2". only the footage is deleted but not the movie itself and there is no way for me to recover it. any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines