Trimming Caption File in new workflow

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Love the new Caption workflow in 15 but I can't seem to find an option I used a lot--in previous versions when you imported an existing .SRT file it was very easy to trim the file itself essentially by using CMD+K to trim and move large parts of the whole caption file rather than individual sections or timestamps. That doesn't seem to work in 15, is there a workaround rather than manually deleting every section? (For example: I have a video with pre-made captions that I am splitting into multiple parts. Is there an easy way to split the caption file itself?)

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the answer was no, but the method I treid seems straightforward. It doesn't really do what you have done before - I'm not moving anything around - but it is on the track you want.

Use the CMD+K to isolate the parts of the sequence you want to remove. This could be from point x to end, or between two points in the middle of the timeline etc. 

This allows you then to drag-select all the video, audio, AND caption track items. On the caption track, it selects the caption items in that range. I set my cut points to be between captions, so did not test what happens if you chop a caption item itself. On an inactive caption track, it deleted the entire caption if part of it was in the range.

Then ripple delete.

The captions that remain in the Text Panel (and on the timeline) are the ones that should be left.

Stan

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines