• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble animating the scale parameter

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .psd file in my timeline I’m trying to push in on by scaling from 100% at the start of the clip to 110% at the end, about five seconds later. The .psd is the only media on the timeline during this period. Instead of a smooth push, however, the image stays at 100% for the first four frames and then visibly jumps to 110%. I say “visibly” because the parametric value increases smoothly from 100% to 110% over the duration of the clip, as it should. My program monitor is set to High Quality Playback, and this problem persists even in the rendered file. What might be causing it?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Have you tried nesting the PSD file and then trying the scaling effect on the nest instead of the actual clip?? try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Am_I_Lame? ,

Check that you don't have two keyframes sitting very close to each other at the end of your scale effect.

If you don't , click the scale stopwatch to remove your current animation. This should flush out any wierdness.

Then redo the animation.

Keep us posted.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, mj, though I toggled the stopwatch, but the problem remained.  The only otther thing I could think of was turning off the adjustment layer I have above the clip for color correction.  That fixed the problem.  I guess there's some interaction between Lumetri and a .psd?  Anyway, the .psd looks fine without it, so no loss there.  I'm using the adjustment layer for other clips in the timeline, though, so I just cut out the section of the layer above the .psd and all's good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AIL,

Sorry for the problem. I have a feeling that you may not be meeting system requirements and/or your image is too large. We need more info to make a determination about how to fix your issue. Give us info on the computer system, as you have not done that. Give us also info about your PSD. As much as possible, anyway.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten some solutions here, Kevin, but here's the data you asked for:  Windows 10 x64 on a 3.6GHz Xeon with 64GB RAM and GTX1080.  The .psd is 11MB, 1920 x 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried nesting the PSD file and then trying the scaling effect on the nest instead of the actual clip?? try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tip, Makavelixthadon.  Nesting the clip with the scale applied before nesting also solves the problem, even when I reapply the adjustment layer, so that seems like a better solution than cutting out the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! yea just a tip for the future... It's kind of weird sometimes but the same happens when u use speedramping or with some other effects... so when u try to animate any scaling or position and it glitches or just won't render or work then first nest the clip/clips/images that aren't working, after that animate whatever u want on the nest itself or the other way around works to sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Makav - nesting can change the render order of effects so that they can be processed, for example, combining an instrinsic moton effect or transition and an Effect. 

I'm still a little confused as to why AIL had to perform that function, though. I don't need to nest to pull off what I feel is the very same effect.

My guess is that the GPU is not functioning right. I hope AIL can make sure that he or she is running the correct Studio driver, kind of a problem going around right now.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIL,
I don't think you should need to nest with your system. In that case, make sure you are using the correct NVIDIA driver. Download it here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I updated the driver, Kevin (thanks for the link), but the un-nested clip still exhibits the problem while the nested one doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines