Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble dragging .mov files into sequence

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear peoples,

Recently I've shot some material on the panasonic GH5s camera, in .mov format (Full HD, 150mbit). I'm on the latest premiere pro, on Windows 10, computer plays the files perfectly fine.

It even allows me to import into premiere pro (video and audio). And I can open it regularly in the source monitor (video and audio). However, for some reason, when trying to drag it into the sequence, it only drags audio?

(Strangely enough it did seem to work like a week or so ago, now it will only drag audio into sequence).

Does anyone have an idea what's causing the problem? I'd rather work with the original files than to convert all of them..

I've already tried:
- Installing hevc extension (through microsoft store)
- refreshing mediacache
- Installed quicktime player

Big thank you for the golden answer!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Stijnb,

Sorry for the frustration.

One of the key rules of editing: You must patch your timeline correctly before inserting or overwriting a clip into the Timeline: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/source-patching-track-targetting.html

You do not have any of the tracks targeted for V1 or A1. Click them to highlight them, then try editing the clip into the Timeline.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sake of clarity, here I also include a screenshot. Some clips that are already in timeline are also full hd, 25 fps.

stijnb55146515_0-1622223826909.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stijnb,

Sorry for the frustration.

One of the key rules of editing: You must patch your timeline correctly before inserting or overwriting a clip into the Timeline: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/source-patching-track-targetting.html

You do not have any of the tracks targeted for V1 or A1. Click them to highlight them, then try editing the clip into the Timeline.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for this suggestion, it fixed my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines