Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Having My Video Exported

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Previously, I've reached out about this particular issue that I am having, but I'll reach out again.

I am a student and a user of the Adobe products, Premiere being one of them, of course.

Below is the link to the exporting issue that I've been experiencing lately for a final project/assignment that I need to turn in by next week.

Unfortunately, I do not have free access to Adobe products on my own PC, so I have to make the inconvenient trip to my school's computer labs almost every week just to access Adobe and other products to do my assignments, only minor issue is that I never get any real work done because when I'm not at home, I don't often concentrate too well.... I guess maybe it's because the pandemic and the way it's changed things, but anyway, that's besides the point..

I'm not sure what exactly could be causing my exporting issue. Take a look at the screenshpt below that I've attached. Again, I do not have access to it on my own PC here at home because obviously, the campus labs are closed on the weekends (and close early on Fridays), which is a bummer, and I have to turn in the project tomorrow evening, which is when I have the class that I'm doing this assignment/project for. Except that on Mondays, I have two back-to-back classes in the afternoon, so I'm not sure if It'll be a good day or time for me to head down to lab to get anything done, but I guess I'll just try my best.

Any reason for what could be causing exporting issues, generally speaking? And specifically for me, how to resolve it as soon as possible so that I'm not literally just hanging out in the lab for hours upon hours upon hours at a time? 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't see the details on your screenshot, so here's the info we need before we can help

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and your sequence settings (in particular - codec (also known as compressor), frame rate, pixel dimensions and pixel aspect ratio (also known as par) and where your sources came from.  If they came from a screen recording or a smartphone, the issue may be that some (or all) of your sources have a variable frame rate.    If this is the case, either do some searching here for the workflow to solve the problem or post back and I'll give you the details.

And in this case, if your computer meets the minimum requirements for premiere, you can download and install a free trial so you can get this job done in time.    In the future, you need to test your workflow from soup to nuts to make sure everything's working rather than waiting for the last minute.  Took me many years to learn this lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your sequence the same as your export settings.

Never use off numbers. Best is to use a resolution that is dividable by 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you need to allow for the time that it takes for the lab computer to export your project.  The lab tech should understand that working Premiere Pro often involves export time.  Have you spoken with them about setting up your project on a machine to let it export?

For your next project, look into taking advantage or Smart Rendering to speed things up:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/m-p/10648488

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CG,

It looks as though you are trying to export and upload the file to FTP in one go. My advice is to simply export to H.264 and save it to your hard drive. Then, upload the file separately if that's what you need to do.

The thing I would look into is that until August, students are allowed to take home a copy of Creative Cloud so you don't have to go to the lab until then. You just need to ask your Computer Lab's IT administrator to make you an installation package. I hope that will make your life a little easier moving forward.

I'd be interested in learning more about your sequence settings and why they are non-standard. In the future, you could probably streamline your workflow. We can help with that.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for your assistance.

I just got into the computer lab not too long ago, so that's where I currently am right now. 

Unfortunately, though, I don't think the school offers a free Adobe license; that's the frustrating thing. I ask them every semester since the pandemic last March, and they're always saying, no, they don't offer a free Adobe license for students to install on their own PCs at home without even having to physically come down to the lab for it, like I'm doing right now. It's kind of weird that they offered a free Adobe license last spring when the entire school shut down and went remote for the rest of the semester, but then after that, they just like, stopped offering it all together. So, yeah...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines