Highlighted

Trouble importing MOV files and MP4

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV Issue:

When I import a folder of .MOV files only one gives me a generic error.  All the other files are imported fine, but each time Premeire picks a seemingly random file to have an issue with.  I can import the file from the SD card, but once it goes to my desktop or an external drive it's somehow compromised.  

MP4 Issue:

I have also been encountering errors importing mp4 files. I tried clearing out my media cache files and it DID WORK.  I mention it on the off chance the two are correlated. 

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble importing MOV files and MP4

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV Issue:

When I import a folder of .MOV files only one gives me a generic error.  All the other files are imported fine, but each time Premeire picks a seemingly random file to have an issue with.  I can import the file from the SD card, but once it goes to my desktop or an external drive it's somehow compromised.  

MP4 Issue:

I have also been encountering errors importing mp4 files. I tried clearing out my media cache files and it DID WORK.  I mention it on the off chance the two are correlated. 

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that prior to PremPro 14.4, my MP4 files would import to my timeline with no problem. With 14.4, the same files import the audio, but the video is slowed about 25% and not synced. The source files are AVCHD from a 10 year old Sony converted to MP4 using AVCHD-MP4 CONVERTER. The converted files play fine using Quicktime. I have tried using MEDIA ENCODER to set the frame rate to 29.97 with no luck. Conversion of the AVCHD to MOV does not work either. What does PremPro 14.4 do to the files differently than earlier versions? How do I import successfully? Specific settings would help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I convert to M4V, the files import fine. Video and Audio are synced. Why M4V but not MP4?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0