Highlighted

Trouble pasting into selected track when copying from a sequence

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me: I'm using the latest Premiere Pro CC (long-time user) on Windows 10. 

Problem: How can I select which track will receive my clipboard-pasted items?

Tried already: Previously, I could select which track my copy/paste would paste into by selecting the track by clicking V3, for example, and paste into track 3. Now, with V3 selected and V2 not selected, Premiere pastes into V2 even if not selected. The only way to keep it from not pasting into V2 is to lock V2. Also, V1 is selected and locked. I know about using Alt to copy, but this is from sequence to sequence. How can I select which track will receive my pasted items? Thanks.

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble pasting into selected track when copying from a sequence

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me: I'm using the latest Premiere Pro CC (long-time user) on Windows 10. 

Problem: How can I select which track will receive my clipboard-pasted items?

Tried already: Previously, I could select which track my copy/paste would paste into by selecting the track by clicking V3, for example, and paste into track 3. Now, with V3 selected and V2 not selected, Premiere pastes into V2 even if not selected. The only way to keep it from not pasting into V2 is to lock V2. Also, V1 is selected and locked. I know about using Alt to copy, but this is from sequence to sequence. How can I select which track will receive my pasted items? Thanks.

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open two timelines (pancake).

Drag the clip from one sequence into the other sequence.

You need to target the track.

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just make sure that the target track is the only one enabled on the program side of the patch panel

2020-08-27 (1).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, sir! Think he said he tried that, M. I was thinking it might be a corrupt sequence, perhaps updated from a previous version or the like.

Cheers,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too quick on the reply button

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry about this. You said: Now, with V3 selected and V2 not selected, Premiere pastes into V2 even if not selected. 

This seems like buggy behavior because I'm not seeing what you are seeing. When I copy a clip from V2 on Sequence 1, and have V3 but not V2 selected, it pastes into V2.

I think one or the other sequence may be corrupted. I think that pasting the clips into a brand new sequence may help. If that does not work, first sync settings, then, try trashing preferences. 

If this persists, file a bug here. Please feel free to ask further questions on this topic or to follow up.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This makes sense. I re-use template files that I've setup from previous projects. I'll try from a new sequence and see. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines