Highlighted

Trouble reinstalling Premiere 2018! - Not available in the CC app! HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I had to uninstall Premiere 2018. I need to reinstall it to hit my deadlines in 36 hours. The Creative Cloud app doesn't show any other versions when I follow normal protocol to install older versions. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble reinstalling Premiere 2018! - Not available in the CC app! HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I had to uninstall Premiere 2018. I need to reinstall it to hit my deadlines in 36 hours. The Creative Cloud app doesn't show any other versions when I follow normal protocol to install older versions. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but Adobe has a new availability policy that went into effect on May 8, 2019. Availability is now restricted to the two latest major versions of any Creative Cloud program. This means that CC 2018, in any form, is now no longer legitimately available any more, anywhere. Only the very last update to the 2019 version plus all non-recalled releases of the 2020 version are available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a good decision considering new releases can be buggy. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it was not Adobe's decision at all, in this case. In fact, Adobe had been pressured by the third parties who make many of the plug-ins that make up much of the basic functionality of Premiere Pro that the authorization is on a limited-time basis. So, as those license authorizations expire, so does the authorization to continue having older versions of the software available.

Therefore, the only way to solve this problem would be for Adobe to completely revert back to the "perpetual-license" model, with distribution only on disk and only directly from Adobe or select authorized resellers. And right now, Adobe is not interested at all in going back to that old model.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact, the third parties, including MainConcept (which provided the MPEG-2, H.264 and HEVC encoding and decoding engines for Adobe) dictate what Adobe can do.

Simply put, Adobe has its hands tied behinmd its back by those dictatorial third-party plugin and hardware makers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click around the pages at Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl to see if your old version is listed

If you do find a download, be sure to copy it to at least one external device, such as a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0