• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Workspaces, reset don´t work, settings are not remembered, etc

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces has not functioned properly for years and they are still pretty fragile. Does anybody know why Adobe has not yet fixed them despite all forum posts over the years?

I have been working with four new and thus new installed computers the last weeks and all of them have different issues, with workspaces in Premiere Pro. The first computer forgets that i want to see the Preview Area. The second one forgets that i want List View instead of Icon View. The third forgets both. The fourth share the same issue as the other ones, resetting the workspace don´t work properly. On all computers i arranged the workspaces until i was happy, and then saved them. I used the Editing workspace as the start. (Import Workspaces from Projects are de-selected-)

It´s kind of fascinating to see four new computers with a fresh and clean OS install using the same versions of Premiere Pro behave so different though everything is the same.

I thought i got the most brilliant idea a couple of hours ago: Find the workspace file in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-Name\Layouts and then make it Read Only. In theory this hopefully will stop Premiere Pro from "forgetting" and change the workspace. No, if i try to resetting i get an error message saying that it does not exist. Changing back the properties of the file did not change anything and i had to delete all files in that folder and start all over again.

The question remain, does anybody know why Adobe has not yet fixed them despite all forum posts over the years?

Have voted here: Fix workspace bugs

Bottom line: Workspaces is a basic feature, fix it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?