Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubles moving an image

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I can't move an image on the screen once the "clock" button of Position in effects is on. It then only moves the blue frame around the picture and the picture itself stays at the same place. If the clock is off then I can move the picture, but I want for it to move gradually from center to right and so I must use the clock!

Please help, I'm becoming crazy in front of my screen....

Ben

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots to help us see what you are seeing:

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a workaround, you can adjust the vertical and horizontal parameters in the effects controls...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you both for replying!

After all I think the problem I had is that the photo I wanted to move was in fact a freeze frame of the last image of the previous video. 

I did a printscreen of the last image  and imported that jpeg and then the normal method with keypoints worked fine. So the only thing I didnt know was that a freeze frame object doesnt behave as the other media do 💁

I lost about 3 hours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying it was a "frame hold?"  If so, the vertical and horizontal parameters in the effect controls will work...  just tested it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, I use the french version and it's called "Arrêt sur image" so I guess it's frame hold. The parameters worked but it was only moving the blue frame but the picture (of the "frame hold")  didnt move. I tried for hours. I was able to move the photo around as long as the clock "position" wasnt on. But if I clicked on the clock to make key points, then the horizontal and vertical parameters applied only on the frame of the picture, leaving the picture at the same place.

I opened the video file on QuickTime, took a printscreen of the last image, imported that photo and then with this photo, no problem.

I can't tell you why it did that but I can assure you I tried everything I could and this "frame hold" media didnt behave like a photo. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just checked.  if you use the position parameters in the effects controls it works fine creating keyframes with a frame hold

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 1.18.23 PM.png

Also, rather than doing a screen grab, you'd do better using the "export frame" option which you can map to the program monitor

which will maintain better quality.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 1.20.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice! 👍

About what you checked, I believe that it works for you, it just didnt for me, I did exactly that, select the frame hold (the only media at this place on the time line so no possible mistake about what media i was acting on) , click on the position clock, then move the time line bar to the moment I wanted and then used the position numbers to make the frame hold slide to the right of the screen. And it moved the frame of the frame hold (the blue surrounding) to the right, not the frame hold itself.

When I do exctly that with any other media, it works perfectly fine.

Mystery !! 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines