• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to key objects half on green screen

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some short video clips against a green screen yesterday but the realised that my hands are off the edge of the green screen whilst I talk. Is there a way of green screening everything so that my hands are cut out as well as the green screen bits?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Best is to reshoot. This is going to take a lot of rotoscoping/masking to get it fixed.

In this case it is not just the hands but the black border of the green screen too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot so we better udnerstand what you're facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 10.34.47.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 10.28.10.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-05 at 10.28.20.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to reshoot. This is going to take a lot of rotoscoping/masking to get it fixed.

In this case it is not just the hands but the black border of the green screen too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann. I reshot it all in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't do a re-shoot what about just scaling the greenscreen shots so the hands outside the greenscreen are out of the frame. There will of course be some loss of resolution but you might get away with it.

You could also animate the scale to the tighter shot so it looks like a camera zoom for just the section where the hands are outside the green. Assuming you don't wave your hands too often 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I reshot it all in the end and then did keying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a difference matte key effect as you have a relatively clean plate under you. It should do an ok job without having to do a reshoot. If that doesn't work then maybe a reshoot... Or start keying out your wall. it's not like your hands match 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I reshot it all in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines