Trying to put a picture behind me, not as a background.

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best example I can give is this. In my video clip it's me in my room, but what if I want a Sprite of IDK Sonic Behind me instead of the picture blocking me?

Basically Trying to Put Sonic Behind me which is transparent, but it makes me look like I'm behind him. I wanna reverse it.

I have a green screen, I just don't feel like doing all that work when there's probably a simpler way of doing so.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trying to put a picture behind me, not as a background.

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best example I can give is this. In my video clip it's me in my room, but what if I want a Sprite of IDK Sonic Behind me instead of the picture blocking me?

Basically Trying to Put Sonic Behind me which is transparent, but it makes me look like I'm behind him. I wanna reverse it.

I have a green screen, I just don't feel like doing all that work when there's probably a simpler way of doing so.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not really simpler.  You can rotoscope a mask in AfterEffects with a fairly steep learning curve.  You can track a mask in premiere using a mask setup in the opacity part of effects controls.  This won't be great and again, you'll need to figure out a bunch of stuff...  Wondering why you think people shoot with green screen if there was an easier way...?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of times, there are shortcuts without a green screen.

Sometimes The effects that can only be done in After effects can be done in Premier. Might not look as good, but when your in a bind or don't have the cash to afford it. you take what you can get as long as it looks decent enough. (Atleast YouTube wise.) 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately if you want to dedicate yourself to this you must follow certain necessary procedures from the beginning or the only thing you will get is an unnecessary complication. If you have that green screen, I recommend that you use it, as it is easier than entering After Effects from scratch to perform a somewhat complex procedure as mgrenadier already told you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 1