• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.ts video files from client corrupted

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who sends me three .ts video files (three angles) per video each week, and I cut them together in Premiere. We are having an issue that one of the files (larger than 8GB), is becoming corrupted upon download from Dropbox. The file is not corrupted on on the client's end. The file does not contain corruption on the Dropbox video player. However, once it is downloaded to my machine, corruption is present. (Screen glitching, etc.) The file is 40+ minutes long, and the glitching only begins in the final minute of the video. The entire first 39 minutes of video works perfectly fine. The client has re-sent the file multiple times to the same result.

Encoding to a different formate in Media Encoder failed, as did Handbrake.

I suppose my question is twofold:

1) I am unfamiliar with the .ts video format. I have been editing for over 5 years and this is the first I've seen it. I'm assuming this is the file type that pops out the end of whatever switcher board he's running through during filming. What can you tell me about this file type?

2) What can I do here? The client lives cross country, so file transfers online are our only option.

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Try a different file transfer service.  Many have a free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

It looks like this issue may have been Dropbox. Using a different file-transfer medium worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different file transfer service.  Many have a free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any you recommend? We use Box.com at work, and although we have unlimited overall storage, there is a file size limit of 5GB, so this won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to cut the broken part and send it alone. Some tools that can help: TSSplitter , LosslessCut , VidCutter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. the glitching only begins in the final minute of the video. The entire first 39 minutes of video works perfectly fine. 

make the client cut the piece (1 minute you say) where corruption begins, and send it to you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try that, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like this issue may have been Dropbox. Using a different file-transfer medium worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines