• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial Thoughts....

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I like to learn and train and one of the things I noticed about the tutorials in Premiere Pro is that they don't have an option to "restart" during a tutorial. For example, if on the last tutorial where you play with the color of the video you start messing with the color wheels and really get the color all wild on the tutorial and want to go back to the original look of it and play around again in a new way, you can't without quitting Premiere Pro and reopening it again. During the tutorials I imagine a lot of people will click the wrong things and mess up and won't know what they did or how to get back to the original look and feel of the original clips. This causes stress especially for people who want to follow along exactly step by step, but have somehow clicked something wrong. If Premiere Pro had a button floating over the tutorial area for each module titled perhaps "Try again" or "Reset" it would make it easier for people to erase what they just did and return their video look and feel back to the way it was before they started messing with things. I went through the tutorial and had to quit the entire program about 12 times to get it to go back to normal, because I had messed with things so much I couldn't follow along anymore as I could not get the video back to looking how it should look from the beginning. Please consider this as an option because I am sure a lot of people out there are like me and play around with the settings a bit to learn which is what the instructions say to do, but then can't figure out how to bring things back to the way they should look. Example, learning to undock things was great, but then there was no tutorial showing how to re-dock things, and that was infuriating! I had to restart or kill the program so many times to try to figure out how to get everything docked again. These types of issues which are overlooked in the tutorial are very real and very frustrating for people like me who want things to be as they should be through the whole process and not all messed up everywhere with no way to get them back or to know how to get them back to looking like the tutorial shows it should look. Just consider teaching people how to put things back to how they should look or at least offering a "Try it again" or "Reset Tutorial" button.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?