• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two captions tracks

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing captions for a short video of an opera duet, so I have two voices, sometimes singing separately, sometimes overlapping, with different text.

I would like to have two captions tracks, one for each singer, so I can align them precisely. I'll probably put them one above the other on screen, and perhaps use a different font style. 

It appears that this is possible with two caption tracks, but I can't find a way to be able to see both of them together, so that I can be sure they will not overlap etc, or for me to get a sense of how the screen will look. Also, before I spend time inputting all the text (I want to adjust it manually for precision alignment with the music), can someone reassure me that they will both eventually be visible on export!? 

Or am I just asking the impossible? 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two caption tracks that you have figured out how to create can't both be visible at the same time - as you've discovered.

If you right-click your caption within the text panel and select "add new text block to caption" it creates a new text block with the same timing as the existing text block.  You won't be able to see it very well because it will be underneith the existing text, but you can position it independently within the edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel.  Within that panel you can also change the font, size, color, etc independent of the existing text block style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt provides one method, which will work for your short video.

See this post for another method that wouold be easier for longer videos when burning in. It uses nesting, and there are some downsides depending on how you plan to deliver. If you will be using a sidecar file, I'd have to think about how/whether it would work.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.

Matt's version is good but doesn't work for this project as I need different timings on the two tracks (or blocks); Stan's link did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote this feature request. I think it is the closest to what you want.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42970134-multiple-caption-t...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines