Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Column Rolling End Credits & Logos in Premiere Pro 2018

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've created rolling end credits with two columns but I cannot get them to roll at the same speed for some reason!

I created one track for the left side and another track for the right side. Within the Effects Editor, their Y position is exactly the same.

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Each column needs to be EXACTLY the same length. On the left hand side I had "Seed and Spark Backers" and then technically my graphic stopped. My right hand side column with all of the names continued down another 50 lines and that caused a discrepancy in the speed.

I'll leave this here in case anybody else has this problem.

New Question: How do we add logos to the end of the rolling credits??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way, is you can create them as a new "line" in the list of your graphic parts, and animate them to come up at the right time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created two text documents and counted the number of lines for both columns.

I copied these lists into the credits and made sure they had all the same settings: font type, size, Y position, roll credits box checked and both the Start Offscreen and the End Offscreen are both checked.

For some reason, the titles are still drifting just a fraction.

This is driving me mad. I can't seem to find any tutorials online (nor on Lynda) that deal specifically with two columns of credits.

I was really trying to love this title tool, but now I'm thinking I might just go back to creating a file in photoshop and animating that.

UGH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not played with the new graphic tool, but part of the difficulty used to be whether you had the text in a text or paragraph box (or some-such). Here, you'd want both columns in a combined vehicle.

I never liked rolling without doing it in Illustrator. I couldn't remember why I used illustrator rather than photoshop, but once I did I stuck. Illustrator or PS, once you get the hang of the text controls, the speed control was so much easier....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a couple short rolling side-by-sides, and had no problems. All were typed in with an "Enter" key to separate lines, the same number of lines ... so I'm at a loss to sort this out.

Maybe at this point jstrawn​ could be of help.

Also, you can check the Adobe stock for mogrts, sorting by price ... they've quite a few free ones, and there are some there with double-side-by-side I think are free.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikoletta, for two-column or other rolls you should avoid animating separate tack items or layers, for reasons you have discovered. Just create multiple layers -- text, shapes, clips (still or video) all inside one graphic, then select it (without any layers selected) and 'Enable Roll' inside the EGP. Then the whole thing will roll as one and will always adapt based on how long the clip is in the timeline as well as how tall its collective layer content is. You don't have to keyframe anything. It will just roll.

Neil, I don't think there are any Pr graphics on stock yet. So any 'rolls' you see on there would be ae graphics and would not be nearly as flexible for editing after the fact. Since rolls typically involve so many lines of text and other elements, you really would want to have full layer editing in the Program Mon as opposed to just ae mogrt fields in the EGP.

All, I previously sent Neil a Pr graphic roll as a mogrt. I made it myself, so it is royalty free, and I made sure to include into/outro, pinning and several layers of each type to show what all can be done with Rolls + mogrt in PrPro as of Pr 12.0.1. I believe that that template should be a really good starting point for folks wanting to make their own mixed-column layout rolls in Pr. Perhaps Neil can be persuaded to share it as needed. I would have attached it here but the forum won't let me attach files with extensions like .mogrt or .zip.

Note: Nikoletta, the roll mogrt I made also includes my own still-image logos at the end, so seeing/using it would answer your 'new question' best. But the short answer is that you can add images to the Graphic as clip layers, place them where you want, and they will roll with the rest of your layers as one unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, James. You are always so helpful.

And yes, I can share the roll that James created. Contact me if you want if via the forum's message process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been struggling with this for a few days, then I found your post.   THANK YOU!    Up until now I was actually using Sony Vegas for credits ONLY as they have a built in interface for them.  This makes things almost just as easy.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines