Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool is missing on premiere pro cc

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just installed premiere pro cc  - but the type-tool is missing. How can I fix this? Please have a look at my attached image.teletest.jpg

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

faziskam,

This is not the latest version of Premiere Pro. I believe this is an earlier version that was created before the Type tool. Please install the current version.

If you still have an early version of CC and the "T" tool isn't available (like the OP), then you can also use the Legacy Titler, which you can invoke from the File menu. If you have CS6, then check the Title menu for title options.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it is the latest version, uninstall, run cc cleaner, reinstall back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version did you install?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faziskam,

This is not the latest version of Premiere Pro. I believe this is an earlier version that was created before the Type tool. Please install the current version.

If you still have an early version of CC and the "T" tool isn't available (like the OP), then you can also use the Legacy Titler, which you can invoke from the File menu. If you have CS6, then check the Title menu for title options.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But sir i have  a problem that a montha ago i installed preimere pro cc 2015 it has type tool i have also use that but one after  month i open pr to edit my youtube videos i has no type tool and tool bar also changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since this is one of the first results in Google and no one gave a proper answer (updating isn't always an option), here you go:

If your Premiere doesn't have the new Type tool go to File > New > Title, click Ok, click the area you want to write and drag to form a box, type what you want inside it, edit the size of your text, fonts etc and then close this editing window. Your text can now be found in your Project tab along with all other assets (videos, images, effects etc), just drag it to your Timeline and now you can edit it like any other file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well did bro. Good Idea. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helpful, thanks. Though it was a top searched item in a search engine, the answer for the OP was actually correct. Sorry that it did not answer your question, though.

Suggestion: when that happens, it is better to create a new post with a better question (or answer, as you have done) so that future users can actually find the answer you were looking for. 

All this aside, the "Legacy Titler" is already obsolete and will no longer be a part of Premiere Pro. It is better to use the new Type tool, available from the tool bar.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom I did follow as you say ,it donest come along with video .it cannot drag.shall I need to save after I do that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is only show to another title .but it is not show to the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only show in another title.but not in the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines