• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Tool not displaying formatting boxes/text cursor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Type Tool, it works fine but a while ago it suddenly stopped showing the red border box, the text cursor, the blue/white resizing box, and even highlighting/selecting color.

I only see the text when I edit, my cursor, and nothing else.

My cursor does change to the 2 different Type Tool cursors, but everything else is "invisible". I can't see what text I've selected, where my text cursor is currently, or any borders around the text. Again, it's been working perfectly fine but it's just getting annoying that I can't see what text I've highlighted or where I'm about to type.

When I hold down the mouse to draw out a box, also nothing shows up. I have already rebooted preferences (Shift+Alt). I didn't even think these were features you could turn off, so please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in version 12.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, updated it a few days ago. I'm pretty sure this issue has actually persisted through 1 or 2 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What's your screen size?  Resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dual monitors, 1920x1080 each so 3840x1080 total. My PC is a laptop and even when I disconnect both monitors and just use the built in screen, the issue doesn't go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?

I never experienced this issue at all with Premiere Pro CC 2018, but after performing the upgrade to the 2019 version last night, I now also cannot work with text boxes at all, due to not being able to see their boundaries and resize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update: I reinstalled Premiere Proc CC 2018 (v12.1.2) and the issue is gone again.  So it seems it's something that broke again with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in V14.0.4 and it seems to be linked to Windows scaling set to 125%.
It seems that diplaying the rulers in the Program monitor solve the problem:
Select the wrench icon at the bottom, and then turn on Rulers.
Other solutions : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/text-boxes-have-disappeared-in-premiere-pro/m-p/10242182...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 14.1 with Windows scaling at 125% and had the same issue.  Turning on rulers solved it for me - thanks for the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me on 13.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! It solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines