• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ui is very laggy on 5k HiDPI Display (Mac Pro 2019)

Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

so I've got the new Mac Pro, 16core with a Vega II GPU here, and attached is a Dell 5k Display.

One of the main reasons why I wanted this new machine so badly was because of how sluggish and slow the overall UI felt on my old Mac Pro from 2013.

Sadly, the new machine brought barely any improvements, leading me to the conclusion that the problem resides within the old, rotten core of Premiere (and other Adobe Apps like Lightroom Classic and After Effects that show the same behavior.)

Simply scrubbing through the timeline, or moving a clip around feels so laggy and slow, especially if I compare it to Davinci Resolve, FCPX or basically ANY other tool that runs normally on this machine. Just like as if everything was running at 15 fps only.

It gets a lot better when I force Premiere to open in Low-resolution mode in the info dialogue, but obviously, that's not a solution at all.

Here's a quick video where you can see what I mean:

http://chfilm.de/download/IMG_2187.mov

Here's another one: 

http://chfilm.de/download/premiere2.m4v

It doesnt look AS bad in the video, but trust me, it feels horrible, especially on such a new, 10k $ machine.

PLEASE Adobe, hear our prayers, and really focus on speeding up the UI on Retina-style Displays (basically everything above and including 4k is concerned by this). When I sit at some clients 6 year old machines Premiere runs MUCH more smoothly, just because they have regular 24" HD monitors attached, which is not an option for me anymore.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue on my iMac Pro... tried so many things, nothing works.

Have you found any solution yet?

And indeed, please Adobe, listen to these prayers as the make me want to switch to other editing software really bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only "solution" is to run the software at 1/2 res mode sadly. I guess that's why you buy a 5000$ display to then run apps at half resolution on it. SIGH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, what is new about this issue, I bought the studio display set and there is the same issue, I could not find a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines