• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI on Pp2019 eventually greys out, and lags horribly, making Pp unusable

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I work a lot with editing as a hobby, and I am currently working on editing a massive dub project, so I need Pp to work like it's designed. For the last year or so, my projects will sometimes do this to me:

josephinel89650481_0-1600883945336.png

where part of the UI will gray out in this manner, but the grayed out boxes tend to be random. It will eventually show everything if I click on enough stuff, but it horribly lags from here on out, to the point that timeline scrubbing will lag on the timeline panel, yet be fine on the preview panel. The only way I've currently found to fix this is to create a new project and try to import everything over, but: this project is too big for that to be practical, I've already done that with this project, and it's only a temporary fix. Clearing the cache, restarting the program, even un/reinstalling doesn't fix it; and 2020 doesn't play nice with my computer, so I can't really update it to that.

Please help me fix this.

Specs:Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likely your computer is no longer compatible with Premiere with a possible update to your video card that PP2019 doesn't play well with. It's not abnormal and in the end "just sucks". 2020 won't work for you as again, your computer is just a bit too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines