• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Un-uniform scale motion issue

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When toggling scale width and height (un-uniform scale) for a particular look, I am seeing the image anchorpoint jump around in playback and export.  Anchor point is ratcheting between keyframes.

Why!?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've done anything moving the anchor point, any change to anything else after that causes the anchor point to move relative to the change you made. Which is maddening behavior. So if that anchor point is moving, my guess is you moved the anchor point at some point, then added movement to something afterwards.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I certainly did adjust the anchor point, expressly to achieve the scale motion I desire.  I thought that was the right tactic, and I use it all the time, normally without messing with large scale changes or especially un-uniform scale keyframes.  However, the anchor ratcheting only occurs at large incriments of scale changes, which makes no sense to me.  Do you have any more insight on this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That anchor point behavior is for me a pain point. It confused the heck out of me, and I had a series of posts a year or so back with I think both @jstrawn and @DaciaSaenz involved. Maybe one of them could pop in and help. I'm still confused with anchor point movement.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

There is a long-standing bug with anchor points that I've been clamouring to get fixes for a while now where the relationship between the anchor point and the shape gets really funky and starts doing all sorts of unexpected things. Unfortunately, its not an easy fix and could potentially break existing work so here we are. 

The best workaround that I know of is to make sure to set the anchor point before making any changes to the scale or rotation of the shape. You can change the path itself (which is different than scaling under the hood) and re-adjust the anchor point, but try and get that anchor point locked in before scaling. 

Please let me know if that resolves things for you. If you're still seeing bugginess after using the workflow above, would you mind sending me a video of what you're seeing as well as the Mogrt itself? 

Thanks so much and apologies for the inconvenience, 

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines