Highlighted

Unable to change colour science for BRAW footage

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently got the pocket 4k and shooting in braw I have been able to change all the settings of the metadata except for the colour science settings.

It is greyed out as gen4 and I can't change to gen 5.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Using the official braw plugin from BM

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to change colour science for BRAW footage

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently got the pocket 4k and shooting in braw I have been able to change all the settings of the metadata except for the colour science settings.

It is greyed out as gen4 and I can't change to gen 5.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Using the official braw plugin from BM

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help with the BM plugin ... I gave up on that months back and bought the Autokroma plugins for Premiere and MediaEncoder. Nicholas from Autokroma is often on here helping with BRAW queries, and he's actually the best help for getting the BM plugin to work.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, just seeing if I can avoid the £60

What is the advantage of using his plugin over the official one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a cool question so I want hear what is going on among users.

I don't know what you mean by gen X or gen XX.. are you talking about the braw compression settings when you shoot stuff ?

Anyway, the raw has to sorta become linear and rbg ( in resolve it's yrgb ) and the color spaces can be chosen for source and timeline, etc. Sometimes it is horrible for me personally, cause I didn't light it correctly.

🙂

But I shoot to match lighting and exposure, so my fatality is the color temp as I get old and lazy ( WB and Histogram basically )

Theres some free stuff you can do with resolve 15 lite version ( free ). The complete ( studio ) version is about $300 I think .. no water marks or restrictions to stuff ). I use 15 cause the new stuff is competing with Adobe for the purpose of making everything 'easier' ( automatic ).

Film makers and musicicans and artists in general are younger and less patient to get stuff done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, don't know about that... I only have cs6 creative suite and resolve 15. He claims it's better (autokrama ? ) but he also claims he uses resolve avid fcp and stuff ... with source stuff from every known camera on earth. So who knows. I suspect he knows TONS of cool info. to help you.

Took me a year at least to learn new UI resolve stuff, but I am an idiot and do simple stuff... so it's OK for me.

I know you can export intermediate stuff from resolve and put that new source into PPro, which is what I might look into ??

Gotta shoot the raw as close to real WB fps, iso, etc... as possible so even resolve isn't a pain to correct you sourse stuff.  I'ts more like proxy and raw to linear and then go back to Adobe maybe ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure you are using BRAW plugin 1.5 and not any other version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe started progamming a 'suite' of programs many years ago, and the genisis was around 8 bit and now it's 64 bit ( or more, who knows ). Like keep putting stuff in bag and keep designing ... so eventually there are some conflicts re: inter relation of 'legacy' and new stuff, etc. Plus, it's harder to add new stuff due to integations.

Anyway, It's impossible for me to imagine the cost and labor and skill, to do a new PPro from the ground up to clean up that programming. Lots of factors. All Adobe people are wonderful and doing the best they can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0