Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change preferences in Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I change some preferences in Premiere, but when I press the ok button, it flashes on the button to confirm that I've press, but it does'nt do anything. It's like the preferences are locked... I can only press cancel. Is it a bug? Or I have to unlock something?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

I found the solution. You need to change the read/write permission in library/preferences/adobe/premiere pro. It works now

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which preferences? Can you show a screen-grab of the dialog box showing the ones you've changed?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's about all the preferences. You can check the box of a preference, but when you want to save it, the OK button doesn't work so the changes remain unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried trashing preferences?

(shift+alt while opening Premiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. You need to change the read/write permission in library/preferences/adobe/premiere pro. It works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no Adobe folder in my preferences folder..

I also checked all preferences folders on my system - nothing.

What can I do?

Installed Version: PR CC 2018 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to the folder via "Users/library/preferences/adobe/premiere pro/"your version of the software" (mine is 12.0 for example). And then "show info" There are the read/write permission. When I changed everything to read/write it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I found the folder, it was hidden..

Now I can save my changes!

THANKS FOR HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was particularly useful... because there is a redundancy that added confusion... normally the path to delete or change preferences is: Library/preferences. com.adobe.premierepro.

but here its LIBRARY / ADOBE/ PREMIERE PRO change read write permissions

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution worked for me with CC Version 14.00!  Give Read & Wright Permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to have a folder named "adobe" in my library/preference folder. I even searched the folder in finder and gave permission to all the files named Adobe, but again, it didn't do anything. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a reason why I don't have the Adobe folder in my preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  I'VE BEEN SCOURING THE WEB FOR A SOLUTION TO THIS FOR YEARS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines