• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create proper aspect ratio for YouTube

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is probably some very simple fix, but I can't make it work.

TL;DR I cannot consistently make my videos the correct aspect ratio for YouTube that allows me to add "End Screens."  

I host a weekly Facebook Live every Sunday, and post an edited version on YouTube on Monday. I download the live video from Facebook using saveas.co and import that raw video into Premiere. I open a new Sequence with these stats:

For editing with IEEE1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) HDV equipment.
16:9 progressive-scan 1080p HD video at 29.97 frames per second.
48kHz audio.
Drop-Frame Timecode numbering.

General
Editing mode: HDV 1080p
Timebase: 29.97 fps

Video Settings
Frame size: 1440h 1080v (1.3333)
Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)
Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Default Sequence
Total video tracks: 3
Master track type: Stereo
Audio Tracks:
Audio 1: Standard
Audio 2: Standard
Audio 3: Standard

When I drag the raw video into a new Sequence, I'm told "Clip does not match Sequence settings" and asked if I wish to change the Sequence settings or not. I *think* I have tried both Keep and Change options. 

If I KEEP the existing settings, the video shows up small in the middle of the editing screen; after which I use Effect Controls to Scale the video image to fit the editing screen. (Maybe that's where I am screwing up?)

If I CHANGE the existing settings to match, the video fills the editing screen.

To make uploading to Youtube faster, I run the final, edited sequence through Handbrake, using these settings:

Web Optimized; Align A/V start; FPS 30; Constant Framerate

More often than not, when the video is done processing on YouTube, I am unable to then add an End Screen because the aspect ratio is not supported. The video will show up on YouTube and play correctly, it's just the End Screen issue that I'm having.

(As a further example, I cut a short segment from today's video and pasted it into a new Sequence. By the time I finished uploading the final clip onto YouTube, I had no problem adding an End Screen, so somehow that short clip got into the proper aspect ratio, I'm assuming? But how is that possible if it's a clip from an improper aspect ratio?)

Thank you! It's probably some simple thing but I cannot find it, and I've been trying for weeks.

TOPICS
Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit as 1440x1080 1.33 but export to 1920x1080 par 1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Pixel Ratio Should be 1 and not 1.33 anamorphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines