• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag files/Folders into Project Window from Exploer after update.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I updated Adobe Preimere, and now for some reason I'm unable to Drag ANYTHING from Window's Exploer window into the Project at all. Any thoughts on what's happening? I'm assuming sometype of prefrerrence got reset or something.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

If your project window is a floating panel then drag and drop won't work unless you dock it to the main window and undock it again

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if this is some sort of OS permissions issue. Are you running Premiere in "Administrator mode"? If not, try to change that in Windows.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was actally the first thing i checked. So it's not that. I remeber have this issue a few years ago. I just can't remeber how I fixed it. Everything else is still fine, I can import stuff manually through the program, However it's habot for me to drag things over and I get a tad frusturated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many, I'm not a fan of drag/drop from Finder/Explorer, due to the way Premiere doesn't always get the full metatdata from the files into its internal database records. Once one gets used the the Media Browser, sets up some 'favorites' there, it's about the same speed but better metadata functioning.

So next question: can you ingest media into the project from the Media Browser panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything else seems to work. Just would really like to know the issue. I think I did a "reset/delete Pref" last time to solve the issue, but I'm uncertain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one of the many wonderful things about premiere is that there's no reason why you can't have multiple versions on your system and if an update doesn't work, revert to the previous version.  and if it's an incremental update you shouldn't have any problem opening a project from a later version.    Have you tried creating a new project and does the problem still exist?  If you're trying to use a project created in an earlier version of premiere, try creating a new project and importing the old project rather than opening the old project.  

Neil, I always drag from the finder/explorer into the project without issues...  bwdik.   Not saying it can't cause issues, but it never has for me.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I've tried that. I'm going insane because I remeber having this exact same issue after an update about 5-6 years ago and can't for the life of me figure out how i solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your project window is a floating panel then drag and drop won't work unless you dock it to the main window and undock it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome.Thanks Mate. Did the trick. So werid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since yesterday's update. 

My project window is floating on a 2nd monitor and I cannot drag and drop anything.

Not only not draging from the Explorer to the Project window, but also not draging clips into Bins.

It is driving me insane, and the only way to fix is is to dock the Project manager to the main window. But this doesn't work for me, since I have it on a separate monitor. 

At least this solution allows me to temporaly move the project window to the main monitor, make my bins and then move it back to the 2nd monitor. But definetly this is broken behaviour and I will have to roll back to the previous version until this is patched. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat on Mac, but I can't even drag items into bins within the project window. Like, no dragging in and around the project window seems possible! Panel is not floating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panel doesn't have to be floating alone, but it could be docked with other panels, where all panels form a big floating panel... Are you sure it's not docked with other floating panels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about this poor experience. We are investigating a similar issue, which is getting resolved by docking the panels or by using the default workspace. If you are workspace is split across multiple monitors, please try using a default workspace on the primary monitor and check if it helps. You may refer to this article for more info on it. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines