Highlighted

Unable to Drag Playback Head in Timeline or Preview Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking the playback head (1) and dragging does nothing... it doesn't move. Clicking a different area in the playback header makes the playback head jump to that spot. If I click the line (4), it allows me to drag that line, but not the actual arrowhead (1). Also the playback head cannot be dragged in the monitor windows (2) which makes it impossible to scrub through footage.

Also the numbers cannot be dragged in settings (3). The actual dial or slider can be dragged but not the linked numbers.

This issue has happened about 5 times in the last year randomly. I'll be editing and then all of the sudden I this issue appears. It persists in every project and sequence. Then one day it will just start working again mysteriously.

I have cleared the cash from the actual Application Support folders many times. I have reset my preferences. I have started new projects. I have used different footage. I have updated to the newest version.

I'm convinced there is some setting that is triggering with a random keystroke as a keyboard shortcut that I'm not aware of.

The current instant of this issue is on V14.3.2 of Premeire Pro CC. Computer is Macbook Pro, specs below.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

System Version: macOS 10.15.6 (19G2021)

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 4.52.36 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Drag Playback Head in Timeline or Preview Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking the playback head (1) and dragging does nothing... it doesn't move. Clicking a different area in the playback header makes the playback head jump to that spot. If I click the line (4), it allows me to drag that line, but not the actual arrowhead (1). Also the playback head cannot be dragged in the monitor windows (2) which makes it impossible to scrub through footage.

Also the numbers cannot be dragged in settings (3). The actual dial or slider can be dragged but not the linked numbers.

This issue has happened about 5 times in the last year randomly. I'll be editing and then all of the sudden I this issue appears. It persists in every project and sequence. Then one day it will just start working again mysteriously.

I have cleared the cash from the actual Application Support folders many times. I have reset my preferences. I have started new projects. I have used different footage. I have updated to the newest version.

I'm convinced there is some setting that is triggering with a random keystroke as a keyboard shortcut that I'm not aware of.

The current instant of this issue is on V14.3.2 of Premeire Pro CC. Computer is Macbook Pro, specs below.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

System Version: macOS 10.15.6 (19G2021)

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 4.52.36 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I already tried this. I just did it again to be sure but the issue persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0