Exit

Unable to edit on timeline

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't do any of the following:

edit anything currently on the timeline, inc.

- Moving a video or audo clip about

- Dragging an effect onto a clip

- Can not drag a video or audio clip onto the timeline.

I've tried ensuring that the A1/A2 and V1/V2 blue boxes are highlighted. I've tried re-setting the cache, tried renaming the folder called 14.0 to old_14.0 and when opening Premiere Pro it creates a new, but all have been attempted with no avail.

The video (that's been edited so far) plays with no issues and I'm able to click on other buttons within the software and get a response (e.g. colour tab opens the colour panel as expected) It just wont respond when I try to edit the video.

Would be very grateful if you're able to point me in the right direction.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import old into this new one.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann Bens. Unfortunately that didn't work either. I realised I wasn't able to drag and drop a document into another folder (nothing to do with Premiere Pro) so thought a computer restart could help. Upon closing down windows, I think I might have had something going on in Photoshop because once I closed that, everything started working again in Premiere Pro and dragging and dropping the document into another folder.

Thought it best to share on here incase it helps someone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider it normal procedure when things get stuck/slow or whatever first thing you do is restart computer.

Then if it is still not working start trouble shooting the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines