Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to expand effect settings of a sequence

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, 

I checked out an older premiere pro project of mine. In a "master" sequence, I arranged some sub-sequences and put some effects on those sequences. Now, i cannot expand the effect settings of those sequences. I even cannot switch to Effects Workspace when Any idea, why this could happen? The effects still apply & I can disable them. 

Maybee I set the master sequence in some weird mode I cant remember?
Maybee it has something to do with the project conversion (I updated to the latest premiere pro version). 

I'm clueless, hope somebody has an idea 🙂

Best regards!   

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ann,

thanks for your answer! But this doesnt help much. 

I also tried to re-install Premiere Pro, also no change. 

I attached a video to demonstrate the behavior. Maybe I'm missing something? This feels totally buggy to me. Its annoying and I dont know how to fix this 😞

Maybee a performance issue? I'm working on Win10, Ryzen 5 3600; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 960

Thanks in advance for your any hint!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you start a new project and import this one maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no changes after importing the whole project into a new one. 

I also tried to delete the User Preferences Folder, same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have nested clips in the timeline, delete the audio part: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is going in the right direction! If I delete these audio sections, everthing works fine. But the audio is gone 😞 Those are sub-sequences, that I created after cutting a long sequence, the I dragged (and I linked) these to the timeline.

I wonder why there is no waveform in the audio section of those clips? 

The clip "intro cutted" has a waveform, this is not a sub-sequence I created out of another sequence. 

Maybee I'm doing it hardly wrong, here is what I'm trying to to / my workflow, I: 

- record a mp4 and drag this to the project panel

- create a sequence out of the mp4

- cut the sequence into group of clips and create sub-sequences out of those pieces

- arange those sub-sequences in a master sequence by linking them via drag'n'drop

- aply effects on the linked sub-sequences in the master sequence

Please see the attached screenshot, "intro cutted" (no sub-sequence) causes no problems, while "content-1_head" has these "empty" audio sections. Again: if I delete those audio sections, everthings works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines