• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export a file that it Premiere SHOULD be able to...

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been going back and forth with tech support who have been hugely unhelpful. I have a project due for a job and their requirements are that I submit the video in a .AVI or > .WMV. It SHOULD be as simple as exporting it as media and changing the format, except those options that are suppposed to be there, aren't.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.12.04 PM.png

These are the only options it gives me. Online chat support claims it has "Never heard of the problem." and suggested I uninstall and reinstall which I've done multiple times. I have also tried Encoder, but just like Premiere, those options seem to have disappeared. There is no explaination for this.

When I tried calling customer support, I spent over an hour on the phone with them trying to solve the problem. After multiple un/reinstallings and even downgrades, the problem could still not be solved. Even the agent admitted he had no idea why it was doing this. He told me he would bring this to his supervisor and I would get contacted in the next few days. The next few days was today and the response I got back was "How to export a file" tutorial... Which, to say the least, completely ignores the problem.

I was also given the option to close the case, chat with an agent (who also couldn't help), or reach out to the community.

So here I am! Reaching! Can anyone tell me why the export options I should have are absent from my list? I know there's 3rd party programss that should be able to take care of this, but I want to know why an option that should be available on this program is missing.

Any help would be super appreciated!!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

If this is a mac and most likely is: you cannot export to avi or wmv (they are windows format).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a mac and most likely is: you cannot export to avi or wmv (they are windows format).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow... I am shocked after telling 2 tech support people what OS I have and neither thought to tell me this.

Thank you so much for letting me know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines