Our video team is currently having issues exporting sequences from Premiere to edit in Audition. The large project we're working on is inside a Production in Premiere. When exporting to Audition using Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence, we end up with the error "export failed to complete" and no other information. Audio files are created in the filepath destination, but no project file. We have attempted to change all the transfer settings, creating new sequences and projects and exporting from those, and have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to export anything using this workflow. There have been random one-time instances where an export got through within the first few seconds of a sequence being made and attempting to export, but settings have been different most times for that.
We are unsure currently if this is an issue inside the Adobe suite specifically, or is this could also possibly be a bandwith issue with our server in the office (The full office is back full-time and our video team with five editors are all editing 4K footage off 1G ethernet connections and we are aware this is not enough and are upgrading to 10G ethernet connections to our server in the next few months).
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or if this is a known issue.
Hmm, offhand I don't know how to get more information about what might be causing that error. Certainly, bandwidth limitations COULD cause issues for network media, but I would expect it to just run slowly rather than error out.
Audition can import sequences directly from a .PrProj file, which might be a way to work around our troubleshoot this issue. If you open the project in Audition and select the sequence, does it import as expected or do you receive an error there? If the latter, there may be a more informative error message, at the very least.
So that does actually end up working well. However we have the perfect wrench to throw in to this with our Post-sound person being the only person working on Mac on the video team. Because of the need to reconnect files when going between Windows and MacOS working off the same file structure we've been exporting to Audition, saving the Audition session file, and then he can get to work without having to spend any time reconnecting every single file. We found out that the .sesx file didn't require audio files to be relinked, but in testing the direct import of a .prproj file (not the one that Premiere would create originally during export which is no longer being created), ALL files would need to be relinked.
So your answer works in a way for us, though I'm still concerned we're getting the error for somethig that gave us no issues before today. Thank you for the quick answer! For now we're going to be adding an extra step for the editors but we'll still be able to get our post-sound person what he needs.
Also to be more specific with your question in your post. On import of the prproj file into Audition, there are zero errors. Currently the only error we've gotten is with exporting from Premiere to go to Audition with "export failed to complete"