• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export using embedded or SideCar captions in Nests in Premiere 15.0

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little background to understand where I'm coming from.  We have an hour long show that is in 50+ markets (including OTT platforms) that also is cut in a way to have an half hour version.  From those two base versions, we have multiple other versions of the same show, but a few things are different (i.e., some version have a sponsors that go in some markets but not others, or some need disclaimers, while others do not, etc).  In short, the show's blocks are all the same across all versions, however there are several versions that have unique elements.

Previously, so we're not having to sync up captions multiple times, we've put the captions in the nests, then export the multiple versions (some with side cars, some with embeds). However, with the 15.0 captions system, if captions are in the nests there is no option to create side cars or embeds (they are burned in! which is not what we're looking to do).

Any help/suggestions/thoughts/alternate workflows would be much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to clarify... it seems we have to add captions to EVERY version of the show and not in a nest.  Which is adding a lot of time to our workflow.  I'm trying to avoid my editors from having to deal with doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you can do what you want directly. But this appears to be a very common workflow for some teams. If you don't see a feature request, add one at this link and post your link here for others to upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I have posted two scenarios that may not help you directly, but it is by way of my confirming the problem you are describing.

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" in this post regarding my comments about a workaround to nest caption sequences into another sequence. The purpose was to put a caption stream, burn in only, into a regular video track, as opposed to the special caption track.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

Also see Copy/paste here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/too-many-caption-tracks-on-timeline/m-p/12048035#M3...

I think it is more promising.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines