• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to identify the FCP XML tags associated to Premiere Pro output with stereo channels

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team,

My objective is to ensure the sequence FCP XML (injected by us) into PPRO (through bin) carries suitable XML tags related to audio with Stereo track

1. Stereo Asset - PPRO Export.xml: This XML is generated from Premiere Pro having asset with stereo channels.
  2. Stereo Asset - Custom Export (Original).xml: This XML is generated from our extension running in Premiere Pro. Upon exporting it to Premiere pro, the timeline shows two audio tracks Mono instead of single audio track with stereo channels.
  3. Stereo Asset - Custom Export (Modified based on PPRO Export).xml: This XML is generated from our extension running in Premiere pro. We modified the tags based on its Premiere Pro equivalent above. However, issue remains the same as #2.

Please let us know

1. where are we going wrong in representing FCP XML tags to show stereo channels
  2. whether the mismatch in XMEML v5 (Our XML) vs v4 (Premiere Pro XML) is causing this issue
  3. whether the custom tags of Premiere Pro should be used for us to achieve proper output. Please share documentation related to these custom tags for our reference.
  4. is there an alternative where we can make Premiere Pro pick metadata from the asset without considering our Custom FCP XML tags related to video & audio
  5. is there an SDK documentation that can help us improve our Sequence FCP XML being generated?

An early response will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Deepak

deepak.d@primefocus.com

TOPICS
Audio , How to , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Dear Bruce,

Thank you so much for the response.

There is no dependency on the media. I chose a locally available asset having single track with mono channel.

Meanwhile, I was able to resolve the issue by applying tweaks inside the FCP XML generation. This time I used Premiere Pro specific tags at Sequence, Track & Clipitem levels. Attaching the same for your reference.

Would welcome any additional advice from your end.

Thanks,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would need help from @Bruce Bullis as scripting is such a rarified area of PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get different results, depending on the media referenced in those sequences? If so...could you provide some representative media? 

1. We'll have a look.

2. Modeling your FCP XML on PPro's own is probably your best approach.

3. There is no such documentation. Shouldn't be necessary; many MAM partners generate FCP XML that successfully imports into PPro (with correct media channelization).
4. I wouldn't consider audio channelization 'metadata', but yes, panels can get and set the footage interpretation of any project item.
5. No; FCP XML is Apple's format, and not part of PPro's SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bruce,

Thank you so much for the response.

There is no dependency on the media. I chose a locally available asset having single track with mono channel.

Meanwhile, I was able to resolve the issue by applying tweaks inside the FCP XML generation. This time I used Premiere Pro specific tags at Sequence, Track & Clipitem levels. Attaching the same for your reference.

Would welcome any additional advice from your end.

Thanks,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction: I chose a locally available asset having single track with Stereo channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines