Unable to Open file on disk error on Premiere, Premiere Rush, and Premiere Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an odd issue - I am unable to import QT movie files exported by Resolve on current versions of Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush and Media Encoder.  Error gives no clue as to why, reporting only "Unable to Open File on Disk" with no error codes or anything else that might be helpful to diagnose the issue.

That same media file opens and plays just fine on Quicktime, VLC, etc. 

I tried moving files from external drive to internal drive, in case it was a permissions issue, but the issue didn't go away. 

Finally I used Quicktime to convert/export the file to 4k format, and that finally did the trick. However, I would much rather not have to take that step as part of my regular workflow going forward!

A search elsewhere showed others having similar problems but no help in fixing the issue. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this if you are on windows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pREquPsD7N0

we were unable to open the file on disk __________________________________________________...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more