• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open premiere project on a older version

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, so i recently bought premiere pro and all the other apps that come with the new black friday deal. I worked with premiere pro on my school's computer and finally downloaded it onto my macbook air. I'm not super good with technology but i noticed that the premiere pro on my mac book looks like an older version than the one used at my school. It won't let me open school projects. anyone know what's up?

Message was edited by: Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

When you create Projects in Premiere Pro, they're projects on a specific version of Premiere Pro.

You can't open Pr CC 2019 project on a computer running Pr CC 2017.

If you have a project that was created on a newer version of Pr you will need a newer version of Pr on another machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create Projects in Premiere Pro, they're projects on a specific version of Premiere Pro.

You can't open Pr CC 2019 project on a computer running Pr CC 2017.

If you have a project that was created on a newer version of Pr you will need a newer version of Pr on another machine.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allexar

As mentioned by Marer Adobe apps will allow newer versions to open older version files but not vice versa.

Which version is on your MBP and which is on your schools machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open a project created in 2015 version in 2018  newer version? any ideas why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexar,

Thank you for choosing Adobe Premiere Pro.

Thanks for chiming in Marek and Mohamed.

As mentioned above, Premiere Pro is not backward compatible, hence you can not open any project on an older version if it saved on a newer version.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB: There are some possibilities for backwards compatibility in Premiere Pro, which are worth trying if you don't have the option to open a project with a major version of the software that's the same as (or newer than) the file itself.

Are Creative Cloud (CC) Files Backwards Compatible? Here Are the Answers for Each Adobe Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello for this case i did an video tutorial and i posted in YouTube with this link : https://youtu.be/H-pyi6i7gjU

Let me know if you found this video helpful on this topic.

In this video tutorial I'm explaining how to open new pp project to older version If you are facing with this error "this project was saved in a newer version of adobe premiere pro and cannot be opened in this version" Use this Tool Premier Pro Downgrader Online ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines