• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to read ProRes RAW footage?

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month ago my Windows 10 system with Premiere Pro (beta and production) had no problem decoding ProRes RAW footage from my Nikon Z6/Atomos NinjaV. Since then a number of things in my pipeline have been updated: new nvidia drivers, new Atomos firmware, updates to PPro. But now none of the Adobe products (production and beta of PPro, AE, AME) can decode the footage. Getting message: "ProRes RAW video can not be decoded." when I try to bring the footage into my project. Following all the instructions in the Adobe ProRes RAW page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/prores-raw-support-adobe-video-applications.html

Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

The problem seems resolved with Release 14.3.0 Build 38. Not feeling any confidence in Adobe support for ProRes RAW. I'll probably hold off shooting ProRes RAW for a while. Maybe things will settle down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just checking in to see if you're still having issues. I'm trying to help another user who can't import their PRRAW files from their Ninja V.

WM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still having same trouble. Since I posted, there have been updates to the Ninja V firmware and the beta versions of PPro and AE. Didn't help. I may roll back the Nvidia GPU drivers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems resolved with Release 14.3.0 Build 38. Not feeling any confidence in Adobe support for ProRes RAW. I'll probably hold off shooting ProRes RAW for a while. Maybe things will settle down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am using the latest release of Ninjia V firmware and the latest release of the NVIDIA Studio Driver. With this configuration Premiere Pro decodes ProResRaw files in version 14.4.0 build 38 but nothing later. It cannot decode in v 14.5.0 and 14.6.0. Adobe screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am using the latest release of Ninjia V firmware and the latest release of the NVIDIA Studio Driver. With this configuration Premiere Pro decodes ProResRaw files in version 14.4.0 build 38 but nothing later. It cannot decode in v 14.5.0 and 14.6.0. Adobe screwed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hardware specs? I am having the same issues, though I think it could be stemming from my AMD CPU. I recently moved from an Intel i9 CPU to an AMD Ryzen CPU and AMD motherboard. When I was on Intel, I had no issues with ProRes Raw in Premiere Pro. Now I am having tons of issues, with both Source and Program monitors showing black while paused (playback is generally fine) and I am not able to export any sequence with ProRes Raw. It always throughs an encoder issue, and I'm forced to switch to Software Rendering, which is terribly slow. I've also updated Nvidia drivers multiple times, rolled back drivers, rolled back to earlier versions of Premiere Pro, tried the beta version, all no luck. Even had an Adobe support person try to help but they were useless. But everything was running fine on my Intel hardware, so again my speculation is that there is some issue with AMD hardware.

Though on the Mac side of things, I've had absolutely zero issues with ProRes Raw. Figures *_*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi. I have more than enough cpu, memory and gpu. Prores raw processing
worked on my machine 2 versions back on premiere pro. I just tested that. I
don’t know what changed but now it doesn’t work on the latest version. --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines