Highlighted

Unable to read ProRes RAW footage?

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month ago my Windows 10 system with Premiere Pro (beta and production) had no problem decoding ProRes RAW footage from my Nikon Z6/Atomos NinjaV. Since then a number of things in my pipeline have been updated: new nvidia drivers, new Atomos firmware, updates to PPro. But now none of the Adobe products (production and beta of PPro, AE, AME) can decode the footage. Getting message: "ProRes RAW video can not be decoded." when I try to bring the footage into my project. Following all the instructions in the Adobe ProRes RAW page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/prores-raw-support-adobe-video-applications.html

Any ideas? Thanks.

The problem seems resolved with Release 14.3.0 Build 38. Not feeling any confidence in Adobe support for ProRes RAW. I'll probably hold off shooting ProRes RAW for a while. Maybe things will settle down.

Topics

Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to read ProRes RAW footage?

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month ago my Windows 10 system with Premiere Pro (beta and production) had no problem decoding ProRes RAW footage from my Nikon Z6/Atomos NinjaV. Since then a number of things in my pipeline have been updated: new nvidia drivers, new Atomos firmware, updates to PPro. But now none of the Adobe products (production and beta of PPro, AE, AME) can decode the footage. Getting message: "ProRes RAW video can not be decoded." when I try to bring the footage into my project. Following all the instructions in the Adobe ProRes RAW page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/prores-raw-support-adobe-video-applications.html

Any ideas? Thanks.

The problem seems resolved with Release 14.3.0 Build 38. Not feeling any confidence in Adobe support for ProRes RAW. I'll probably hold off shooting ProRes RAW for a while. Maybe things will settle down.

Topics

Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, just checking in to see if you're still having issues. I'm trying to help another user who can't import their PRRAW files from their Ninja V.

WM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still having same trouble. Since I posted, there have been updates to the Ninja V firmware and the beta versions of PPro and AE. Didn't help. I may roll back the Nvidia GPU drivers. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines