Highlighted

Unable to rename sequences in Premiere 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from crashing when least expected (not that one ought expect such fine software to crash), but it appears impossible to rename sequences or files within the Project manager. The entire field goes blank when attempting a rename. Anyone else having problems with this?

Andrew

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

If Premiere is acting weird trash preferences.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to rename sequences in Premiere 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from crashing when least expected (not that one ought expect such fine software to crash), but it appears impossible to rename sequences or files within the Project manager. The entire field goes blank when attempting a rename. Anyone else having problems with this?

Andrew

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue in PP CC 2019. Trashing the preferences as described in the link solved the problem. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, and reseting preferences and restarting numerous times hasn't helped. Honestly 2019 isn't useable if I can't even see file names when I'm organising a project. Anything else I can do other than re download 2018 and restart my project with that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who read down this far in the comments, literally just switching to a different workspace and back to your preferred workspace worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maazer, this worked for me. Have been avoiding moving to 2019, but was just passed a project that had been saved in this version. I hit this bug within 30 seconds of opening the project. This is hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it. Wish this got bumped to the top.

I'm actually having better functionality with 2019 over 2018. I skipped most of 2018. I'm just bummed you can't transfer over keyboard shortcuts to the latest update. It's a PITA for me because I'm on both Mac and PC and you can't transfer between those either.

Also, something I noticed that works sometimes is importing a troublesome project into a bin inside  a freshly created new one. Try that next time if you have an issue like this again.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes switching workspace works. Thanks Maazer!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked for me as well. Thank you for taking the time to post your fix here!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching workspace worked for me as well. I encountered this issue in Premiere Pro 13.1.5 OSX. So the bug is still pressent about a year after the original post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing, Maazer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maazer, this was a lifesaver, had tried a bunch of different things but switching the workspace to another and back again did it. Awesome. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, worked on PP2020 as well.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nailed it. Thanks dude... Really wierd bug that one, and first time I've ever come across it in Premiere. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, the renaming bug happened to me last night. Widening the column didn't fix the issue - was able to solve by going to Preferences > General and changing the Bin Preference: Double-Click to "Open In Place." If anyone out there is having trouble, maybe try toggling those options around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PR since 2002 - since the CC began I never update to the 'newest version' until at least 6 months after the release - too buggy, we are being used as test robots, it really messes with professional work flows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines