Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see the "Video Effects" within the "Effects Controls" panel

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am attempted to using the 'Motion' feature within the "Effects Control". I would like to use this for motion tracking. I have seen multiple videos of this being done on youtube. Here is one example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRI1cjM1UHE)

However I see only "Video" and not "Video Effects" and "Video" does not contain the "Motion" drawining tool.

The attached picture shows my screen with the circle highlighting where I am not seeing the option. The right hand side of the picture is a screen grab from the previously mentioned youtube tutorial. I have circle the word 'Effects' as this is not what I see.

Adobe help-01.png

Can anyone help me please?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

You are looking at an old tutorial (2017). Transform icon is long gone. Just highlight the word Motion.

When watching tutorials always check which version is used. Things change rapidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Ann is correct: set your first keyframe, move forward, highlight Motion and then drag the object visually to the spot you like. A new keyframe will be generated automatically.

Caveat: this is a very rudimentary form of (manual) motion tracking. You will get far better results if you send the clip to Ae and do your motion tracking there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at an old tutorial (2017). Transform icon is long gone. Just highlight the word Motion.

When watching tutorials always check which version is used. Things change rapidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scout myname ,

To add to @Ann Bens , this should get you oriented in the newer version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/masking-tracking.ug.html

Good luck

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is correct: set your first keyframe, move forward, highlight Motion and then drag the object visually to the spot you like. A new keyframe will be generated automatically.

Caveat: this is a very rudimentary form of (manual) motion tracking. You will get far better results if you send the clip to Ae and do your motion tracking there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines