Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo Blurring Face

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I need a clarification while using Adobe after effects as part of Adobe Premiere Pro tool where, once  we have blurred the object/face in the video, can it be reverse engineered?

If no, I would like to know where can I get the reference document for the same in Adobe website.

Thanks in advance

Adeeshwaran V

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Dynamic Link between After Effects and Premiere Pro then you just go into your After Effects project and turn off or delete the blur effect. Then it will update in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks.

So you mean once if we export the video with face blur , it shall be reverse engineered with Premiere pro software??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I was saying. You didn't say this was post export. You can not reverse engineer a blurred face in a video that's been exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not export over the top of your original file it is not changed, so you may go back to your original file and start over

When you export and create a new file, that file includes the effects that you used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling this person is concerned that if they blur a face, can someone reverse it and see who the person is after the effect is baked in the export. Perhaps it's a security issue or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you blur a face enough, it will be hard to reverse the process. A good way to know if you burred it enough, is to look trough your eye hairs. But no guarentees. If you realy want to hide the identity of the face, you better put a black (or other color) square that covers the whole face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes a good way to step backward with editing and added effects is to use the 'save as' option.

takes a bit of organizing and file name stuff to make it easy to remember what you did and when you did it.

for example, let's say I adjust some blur or something ( effects, edit cuts, color adjustments, everything you do is something NEW... so you would save as and give it name to keep track easy.

I save as almost everytime I make any change in edit. I just don't want to lose what I did and this way I can go back and redo what isn't working and redo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when I said file name I really meant project name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines