• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected slow encoding

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To preface this - I am not a heavy user of Premiere, I do the basics and that's it. Most of the stuff I do is take things from my stream, which is several hours long, import it into Premiere and cut things out and upload it in smaller condensed "chunks" of 20 minutes or so long.

Specs are as follows:

CPU: i7-9700K 3.6Ghz
Mobo: ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming
RAM: Trident Z RGB 16Gb
GPU: Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb AMP

Nothing amazing, it's mostly gaming related. I had set up the ability for hardware encoding, to use the RTX to help with the encoding and any video I had set up to encode generally took about 5 minutes to do so, if not less.

However, it seems that this has stopped working. Normally I am able to play a video fine by hitting space, but now it plays fine for the first few seconds and then starts chugging, almost like a slideshow. When I try to encode, even a project I encoded previously, as opposed to taking 5 minutes or less, it is now saying it is going to take over an hour, if not two or three!

Clearly somewhere something has gone wrong. There was a moment where I had two stream grabs on the same project, both being several hours long and Premiere / PC weren't liking it, so I was clicking around to see what was working, clicking on the tabs at the top (Assembly / Editing / Color, etc) and elsewhere in Premiere, so I wonder if this changed a setting somewhere.

Export settings are as follows:

Format HEVC (H.265)

Preset: Match Source - High Bitrate

1920x1080

Framerate 59.94

Aspect Square Pixels 1.0

Performance: Hardware Encoding

Profile: Main

Tier: Main

Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 1 pass

Quality: Good

Things like Use Maximum Render Quality is unticked, Estimated File size: 1126 MB.

Any things I should be checking?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

After speaking to Adobe via Twitter, I found out that after I rolled back to the previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro, the issues were resolved. So something in the update causes it to not work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After speaking to Adobe via Twitter, I found out that after I rolled back to the previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro, the issues were resolved. So something in the update causes it to not work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines