Uniform Scale issue

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well!

I've run into an issue for the first time today where I would adjust the scale of an object in my video while "Uniform Scale" is clicked. Anything above 50%, the object is uniformly scaled, as it should. From 50% and below, the object is then squished from the left and right sides, and is no longer in the original aspect. This happens with any object I work with in the timeline. Had to manually adjust the scales in order to get the objects looking right. I guess I'm wondering how I can get Uniform Scale working again, as it saves me a lot of time. Hope this makes sense, and I am glad to clarify anything.

Help me Adobe-Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uniform Scale issue

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well!

I've run into an issue for the first time today where I would adjust the scale of an object in my video while "Uniform Scale" is clicked. Anything above 50%, the object is uniformly scaled, as it should. From 50% and below, the object is then squished from the left and right sides, and is no longer in the original aspect. This happens with any object I work with in the timeline. Had to manually adjust the scales in order to get the objects looking right. I guess I'm wondering how I can get Uniform Scale working again, as it saves me a lot of time. Hope this makes sense, and I am glad to clarify anything.

Help me Adobe-Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Please let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Also, have you tried switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and checked if it's working properly? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, and switching the renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only solved it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kumar, it work (i mean when i change renderer method) BUT - this method wrong interpretaion all text box in composition. When i use CUDA Mercury - my text blocks is good, when i change to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only - my texts start to flicker and display poorly.  Hence i cant use Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, cose i cant work whith text (as mininmum). This problem start from 14.4 version of premiere. 14.3.2 and early - all good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more important thing - if I turn off the conform scale of the picture and adjust the height and width separately, I have a problem with changing the 50% threshold of the picture size - it does not work correctly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here -- any news about thaat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here to add to the list of people experiencing this problem.  Scaling an image below 50% causes the uniform scale option to not work correctly and no apparent way to fix it.  I have tried removing the image and re-adding it to no avail.

I can also confirm Sumeet's suggestion to change to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only works.  That is obviously not a long term fix but got me out of a jam.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
rusregio LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! Good news for us! They(Adobe team) fix it issue in last update 14.7.0 build 23!!!

Good job fellas!! Thnx so match

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0