• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

University or School for editing video in post

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure how to move forward with learning about editing video in post. I have a masters degree in education and what like to learn more about editing video in post? Any suggestions? Any schools I should look into or programs? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would suggest is taking some of the courses from say LinkedInLearning. A couple months full subscription, going through several different instructors and using their downloaded material to work along is both massively cheaper and massively faster than attending classes in some college.

I know those with Education degrees tend to think of college as the best source of learning anything, because ... guess what my college studies were about? Editing however is a very practical, skill-driven set of tasks. You can learn the tasks to do X far faster from the LinkedInLearning courses than anywhere else. Maybe learn in two programs even!

Then as you learn, branch out. There's a number of awesome instructors whether you want Premiere, AfterEffects or Audition within the Adobe apps who have sites and specialized training available. And many fine, experienced users to help and advise your progress.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're just getting started, have a look at some of fundamentals courses in video editing on likedin learning mentioned here by Neil or places like Udemy. I have a course on Udemy on fundamentals of video editing in Premiere if that is something that would be of interest to you:

https://www.udemy.com/course/video-editing-in-adobe-premiere-pro-fundamentals/

It's a step-by-step course that starts from scratch and gives you a good understanding of video editng and Premiere Pro.

Any questions just keep asking. We'll be happy to help.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filmschool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking for a roadmap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many larger cities have instructor led classes in Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines