Highlighted

Unknown Anti-Alias Policy when relinking 2018 projects Ae comps

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Adobe, I've complained before, but this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I'm using Premiere 2019 on Windows and finding it impossible to open a project created only two years ago with Premiere 2018.

That's all I want to do. Nothing too demanding, surely. But, no, I attempt to locate what files I can, but even this is impossible as the dynamic link doesn't seem to connect with some after effects files. So I click 'offline all' but then the project freezes before even opening with a pink square in the bottom right saying 'Unknown Anti-Alias Policy.'

I googled but can't find any answers.

Why oh why oh why oh why are there so many compatibility issues with different versions of Premiere?

AArghh!!! Adobe, you drive me round the bend!!

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity of issue to get best assistance.]

Thanks for the fast responses. I found that offlining everything first, then manually linking what's needed within the project is one workaround. Of course all the LUTS are screwed up, as usual, meaning that I have to manualy change this setting for EVERY SINGLE CLIP IN THE TIMELINE but at least I'm up and running now. Or should that be limping...

Why is it that the majority of my brain partition reserved for Adobe expertise seems to be dedicated to learning workarounds for bugs that never existed ten years ago?

Oh, for the days when video played fluently...

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unknown Anti-Alias Policy when relinking 2018 projects Ae comps

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Adobe, I've complained before, but this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I'm using Premiere 2019 on Windows and finding it impossible to open a project created only two years ago with Premiere 2018.

That's all I want to do. Nothing too demanding, surely. But, no, I attempt to locate what files I can, but even this is impossible as the dynamic link doesn't seem to connect with some after effects files. So I click 'offline all' but then the project freezes before even opening with a pink square in the bottom right saying 'Unknown Anti-Alias Policy.'

I googled but can't find any answers.

Why oh why oh why oh why are there so many compatibility issues with different versions of Premiere?

AArghh!!! Adobe, you drive me round the bend!!

[Moderator note: title edited for clarity of issue to get best assistance.]

Thanks for the fast responses. I found that offlining everything first, then manually linking what's needed within the project is one workaround. Of course all the LUTS are screwed up, as usual, meaning that I have to manualy change this setting for EVERY SINGLE CLIP IN THE TIMELINE but at least I'm up and running now. Or should that be limping...

Why is it that the majority of my brain partition reserved for Adobe expertise seems to be dedicated to learning workarounds for bugs that never existed ten years ago?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try creating a new project in premiere and importing the old project into the new project...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another thought.  try opening the ae project in ae 2019 before launching the premiere project in 2019,  You have updated AE also?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines