Highlighted

Unknown Premiere "Error" (which is not really an error)

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Sorry for this strange subject, but you will see that my problem is a bit strange too.

I work with Premiere for a TV channel since 2013 and i never saw that:

Since my arrival in post-production for this channel, we use the same export format and the same broadcast format: PAL DV 25 (SD is justified because we are a channel that broadcasts old archive images, but we will switch to HD in January :D).
Since Monday, the broadcast server no longer accepts files coming from Media Encoder, or even directly from Premiere.
On Friday, everything was still working, and yet the export preset remained the same, and I didn't get any update from Premiere this weekend (version 14.4 since it was released).
If you compare the files from Friday (which were working) to those from Monday (which are no longer working), there's no difference.

The files read correctly on VLC, I can re-import them into Premiere or elsewhere without any problems, I don't get any error messages.

A colleague of mine who also works with Premiere and Media Encoder (14.4), and who uses the same export preset, is able to import his videos to the broadcast server without any problems.
e also have the same computers, with the same graphics card, up to date.

And I see coming the question : Yes we also have the same computers type, with the same graphics card, up to date.

Does anyone have any idea what can go wrong?

I hope I have been clear in my explanations, especially since my English is not the best!

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Have a nice day!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unknown Premiere "Error" (which is not really an error)

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Sorry for this strange subject, but you will see that my problem is a bit strange too.

I work with Premiere for a TV channel since 2013 and i never saw that:

Since my arrival in post-production for this channel, we use the same export format and the same broadcast format: PAL DV 25 (SD is justified because we are a channel that broadcasts old archive images, but we will switch to HD in January :D).
Since Monday, the broadcast server no longer accepts files coming from Media Encoder, or even directly from Premiere.
On Friday, everything was still working, and yet the export preset remained the same, and I didn't get any update from Premiere this weekend (version 14.4 since it was released).
If you compare the files from Friday (which were working) to those from Monday (which are no longer working), there's no difference.

The files read correctly on VLC, I can re-import them into Premiere or elsewhere without any problems, I don't get any error messages.

A colleague of mine who also works with Premiere and Media Encoder (14.4), and who uses the same export preset, is able to import his videos to the broadcast server without any problems.
e also have the same computers, with the same graphics card, up to date.

And I see coming the question : Yes we also have the same computers type, with the same graphics card, up to date.

Does anyone have any idea what can go wrong?

I hope I have been clear in my explanations, especially since my English is not the best!

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Have a nice day!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you both have the same Graphics Driver number?

Are you using Hardware Encoding?  If so, try without.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we have the same graphics driver (Nvidia, 456.71)

I will try an encoding with the mercury playback engine only, and not CUDA (this is what you mean when you talk about Hardware Encoding ?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a checkbox in the export settings for Hardware Encoding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried without the Hardware Encoding, and I still have the same issue 😞 

I have one more information:

The broadcasting server have this process when I import a video on it (In the following order) :

GENERATE MEDIA NAME / GET MEDIA / CREATE HR MEDIA / RENAME / MD5 SET / SIZE / MOVE FILE / MEDIA INFO / TRANSCODE / MD5 SET / SIZE / SCREENSHOT / MOVE FILE

The import crash when it comes to MEDIA INFO.

So it seems to be a metadata problem ... or maybe not, i dont know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0