• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlinking Audio channel causes premiere to crash

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just about to wrap up a video and export it but the last clip I unlinked the audio and moved the video forward a bit. But when playing back in the timeline that last clip, it gets about half way through then just locks up and becomes unresponsive. It will eventually show as unresponsive in activity monitor but never closes. I eventually have to force it closed. Sometimes I can continue to make edits, cut clips and even save  but the timeline remains unresponsive

This is a pretty simple project, one 4k screen capture recorded in quicktime and transcoded to ProRes 422 LT and one After Effects comp with a logo animation. 

What I've tried:

Rendering (hitting enter key)- it will render all the way through as long as I don't let the playhead pass over the affected clip

Restarting

Checking for updates

Clearing cache 

Clearing preferences

Deleting the edited clip, extending out the last clip (its all of the same screen recording) then cutting, unlinking the audio and moving it again.

Consolidating files and moving to a new project

Checking for GPU issues- the Radeon wasn't showing in About this Mac

Did an SMC reset- The gpu now shows up in About this Mac but it doesn't help with Premiere

I'm not sure what to do other than try downgrading to an older version and try to open the project in an older version

Premiere 14.9

Macbook Pro 16" 2019

Specs: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64gb RAM

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

2.5 TB available disk space

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: It seems to be related to that particular video file. I tried re-encoding it with AME and with Compressor and replacing the footage but premiere kept crashing when it got to that section, no matter what. I finally ended up just cutting that section entirely and skipping over it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines