• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unreasonably Large Output File Size

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing a problem with Premiere Pro version 14.3.2.  It seems impossible to match the size of the input file even with an output bit rate of 1Mbps.

For example, I am loading in a 50 min 105 MB clip which looks and sounds great but Adobe's output using H.264 with zero modification at 1Mbps is 500 MB which looks and sounds horrible. 

Clearly the input file is not constrained by the formula, file size = bitrate x duration. Something is wrong. 

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what the keyframe distance is in both the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m facing the same problem..

I have a 50 minutes video with 270MB file size in Full HD and I just needed to cut only 3 seconds at the begining of it.

Then, when I try to export it, whether using CBR, VBR 1 or 2, it doesn´t matter, the final size goes up to at least 600MB to 1,5 GB..

It doesn´t make any sense..

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Eidolonn @fernandosa1104 

When i am in the same situation and just need to cut some seconds from the start/end i never use Premiere Pro since it cannot smart render the media. I use TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 6 for that. Cut away three seconds and then output the final file in a couple of seconds without making the file bigger. Download a trial version to test.

If you want freeware and like to write scripts, try FFmpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines