• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresponsive timeline in v.15.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to v.15.0, my main Premiere Pro window no longer reflects the following operations:

• Timeline operations - drag-&-drop, trimming, selecting (I can still edit stuff but I can't see what I'm doing)
  • Opening any windows within Premiere Pro, e.g. Preferences, Project Settings

Here is a video of me attempting to drag & drop a video already in the timeline today:

veroBueno_0-1619026924636.gif

Yesterday, I solved the problem by minimising or clicking outside of my timeline panel or main Premiere window & clicking it again. But today, doing so only updates the interface once. If I make new changes after that, I need to repeat the clicking outside & coming back in to see them.

I also tried resetting my workspaces & clearing my media cache but didn't work.

Here are my specs:

• System: Windows 10 Home version 2009 (build 10.0.19042, 64-bit)
  • PC model: ASUS UX510UAK
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (driver version 27.20.100.9466)
  • Dual monitors
  • ~20 source clips & ~250 subclips in my bin, all renamed, labelled & have different comments

Thanks a lot in advance! My uni assignment depends on this 🥺

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi there veroBueno,

How annoying! I am so sorry, first of all. Thanks for the computer specs. I would say that it is not very powerful, but that is beside your actual problem. 

I read your post carefully and noted you said that after updating to Premiere Pro 15.0, your project began to misbehave. 

If you have already done significant work in 15.0, there are a couple of things to try. 1) Close all projects and then choose Preferences > Media Cache. Delete ALL media cache. 2) Restart Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there veroBueno,

How annoying! I am so sorry, first of all. Thanks for the computer specs. I would say that it is not very powerful, but that is beside your actual problem. 

I read your post carefully and noted you said that after updating to Premiere Pro 15.0, your project began to misbehave. 

If you have already done significant work in 15.0, there are a couple of things to try. 1) Close all projects and then choose Preferences > Media Cache. Delete ALL media cache. 2) Restart Premiere Pro with the Alt/Option key pressed down and delete Preferences. 

Does it work OK now? If not, try using only the main computer monitor and disconnect anything you do not need. Set scaling for the monitor to 100%. Use a standard workspace, like "Editing."

Can I ask if the project is OK in version 14.x? Personally, I would move back to that version and complete the project there. If you can't do that, you can also try creating a new project and importing the old one into the new one.

Come back with questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much for the detailed answer! Turns out there was something weird about my project cause I found out that my other projects were fine. I created a new one & imported the old one in & it's fine now! So glad it got fixed. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines