Highlighted

'Unsupported format or damaged file' when using ARRIRAW in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving an error message of 'Unsupported format or damaged file.' when using ARRIRAW MXF files in Premiere.  These files were generated on an ALEXA MINI LF, however I have worked worked withg ALEXA MINI and ALEXA 65 MXF files in previous versions of Premiere without eror.  

This is a show stopper that may force me to move to DaVinci or AVID is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, have you found a workaround?

Thanks,

Dan

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Unsupported format or damaged file' when using ARRIRAW in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving an error message of 'Unsupported format or damaged file.' when using ARRIRAW MXF files in Premiere.  These files were generated on an ALEXA MINI LF, however I have worked worked withg ALEXA MINI and ALEXA 65 MXF files in previous versions of Premiere without eror.  

This is a show stopper that may force me to move to DaVinci or AVID is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, have you found a workaround?

Thanks,

Dan

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  getting the same thing on PC from Sony FS7 .MXF

Also getting this from .mp4s  .movs ...everything really! 

Screenshot 2020-10-29 153712.png

I've reinstalled old versions of prem on the same computer and they all work fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting an update on this issue.... I've been in contact with a worklfow scientist at ARRI, they have confirmed that they are aware of the issue and that they are coordinating with Adobe but there is no update and no timline has been provided for resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just heard back from ARRI, they said the issue is relating to the SDK version in Premiere, the problem is addressed in V6.  That said, have not been provided with an implementation timeline by Adobe.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0